Saturday, August 04, 2007

Quest Rekindled

The events of the last few weeks have made me decide that the quest of eliminating these dregs of the University of Oklahoma society needs to be rekindled. Or restarted. These things are hideous.

I was vacationing in beautiful cool Ruidoso, NM when I happened to check my e-mail. Somebody out there had actually visited this blog and e-mailed me, even though I hadn't posted anything since the week of OSU game in 2005. What a revelation that e-mail was! I was little surprised that there are still some people out there that want to rid OU of these revolting creatures.

On the way back to Norman from Ruidoso, we stopped in Roswell, like a lot of tourists, to check out the all of the UFO museum and shops. There as a sign that said:



That made me think about Muldar and Scully of X-Files fame, who never would give up their quest against the evil conspiracy, despite all of their personal misery and ridicule. Which even led me to another thought about Paul Thompson and how despite all of his setbacks he became the quarterback and leader of a team that won a Big 12 Championship.

And just this week I happened across this post on the The Lost Ogle about the Top 100 Oklahoma Embarrassments. The horsepigs were only rated 88 out of 100? That's a little high, I think I would put them in the top 10. But the point is there are still others out there that think they are embarrassments too.

After all of experiencing all of this, I thought to myself, we shouldn't give up this quest for the eradication of these hideous horsepigs which have made joke of our men's sports programs. OK, we did when the Big 12 in football, but we did lose to a "Mid-Major" in the bowl game and our basketball, wrestling and baseball teams had less that spectacular seasons. I need to be more like Paul Thompson fighting against Rhett Bomar or Fox Muldar against the Cigarette-Smoking Man. Never give up the quest....

Which leads me to the question... David Boren, are you a Smoking Man?

So now that the "flame" has been re-ignited, let me get off a vent that I have been meaning to get off my chest for the last 7 months.

I haven't seen the videotape recently, but I would be willing to bet one of those horse-headed creatures was standing behind the end zone where the Boise State Broncos pulled their trickery in the Fiesta Bowl. Notice the similarity between a horsepig and the bronco:









Both look pretty gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) but I think that hideous ugly double whammy is what confused our defense in the overtime. I mean after you look at that crap for 60 minutes its bound to wear on you enough to let your guard down for things like halfback passes and Statue of Liberty plays.

Next post we will be looking forward to North Texas.

No comments: